Friday, December 21, 2007

The girlfriend experience

I started writing this a few days ago, because I was so disturbed by what I saw. So I talked to a few friends about this topic... surprisingly, guys seem to be more against it and girls seem to be much more pragmatic about it. This started when I came across this C4 program: My Boyfriend The Sex Tourist.

The first part of the program showed guys going to these essentially brothels in a South American country where they have a selection of girls to pretend to be their girlfriends. That didn't bother me as much as how many of these guys resemble guys I've met in the community. The obligatory fat old guy, the ok-looking but creepy guy, and an effeminate guy who is in denial. All old, all desperate, all obviously come across as people who not only lack female companionship but also male buddies.

Because of my past history dealing with these losers, my opinion on the whole exploitive nature, how we are basically outsourcing sex. I was quite tolerant of people in the past, not just out of obligation but because I truly felt that everyone deserves a chance. Then I came into contact with these losers en masse in the community. My opinion gradually changed because I feel some of these people should not breed for the same reason that they can't be part of the herd.

I think it's fun to socialize with people, connect emotionally and physically. But the psychopathic nature of these guys, how they pick out vulnerable groups of girls... from underage to recent arrivals (i.e. FOBs) because then, it's a HUGE DHV for them to be either adults (who can get them beer, saw Superbad?) or as "Americans" (who know what's going on). Everyone can use more sex... but we have to draw the line somewhere, from the legal age (or we end up with more Britney's baby sis situation) to banning importation of sex workers. Seriously, if guys can't pick up girls their own age (i.e. above legal age) or girls who have similar background (similar awareness, intelligence, education, profession), then what do we have?

Some girls told me it's a mutual exploitation thing. Like any business transaction, is it mutual and fair? How do we decide if we don't have some arbitrary rules? Do children need protection? What about mentally handicapped adults? What about adults who are not as culturally aware?

Do these people need our protection? Or do we need to exert some self-control and not exploit vulnerabilities in others?! Most pickup methods are used for fun and games, because they can be used in social situations. But the psychopathic nature of these guys, they use them to exploit... I guess that's when I draw the line, from being a social guy who gets girls to being a hustler.

P.S. If you want to be good with women, get this book.

No comments: