Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Desperate people

A friend of mine took a look at this blog and was rather surprised at "the number of ads here for desperate people! " Then this dawned on me why people in the community need all these gambits, tactics, techniques, methods, workshops, and bootcamps. All along, I was journaling my recovery from the whole bullshit. I finally found some peace and happiness after I stopped being near those "community guys." Practically everyone in there are trying to get something from someone. They have this great desire for fame, fortune, and girls, but not willing to work for them. And worst of all, they are constantly comparing this against that... what started as their rankings of girls, and because they don't get girls, they ended up ranking each other in their (in)ability to get girls, just like they are constantly trying to seduce each other, by that, they try to convince how they have skills without demonstrating them.

Nowadays, whenever I go out with friends, we have a good time, we don't game, but we still socialize with people. We have girls in our group of friends. Funny thing is... the true hard-core gamers are ones who wander around in their cock-farm and of course, go home alone. Do I get laid like a rock star? Definitely not! The better question is, am I a rock star? Of course not and nor I want to be! The thing with people is that they need to accept themselves for who they are and make the best within their own limitations. There's nothing to exorcise, no reason to fake it to make it, no new personality to adopt. People can just be who they are.

Sure, I'm not going to get any girl, any where, at any time. But I make friends with people who are good & decent, they have no agenda, we have fun in going out and we have interesting conversations other than gaming! The best part of hanging out with people who don't hustle is that they don't see me as yet another target to make money or to extract some potential sexual favors. If I can sum up the best way to live is to let go of desires of getting anything from people, lower my expectations of people, and suppress our natural tendency to compete. For the Ayn Rand fans, I don't see any of them stepping up to stop our federal government from saving those sore losers.

Just as an experiment, I am changing what I will blog about here, let's see when google will notice and put up a different sort of ads.

No comments: