Thursday, April 3, 2008

The state of being

I've been working on a few posts and haven't had that out burst of emotions to push me to finish them. I should start a tradition of Thursday Thank-you's. For this week, I want to thank meditation, Eckhart Tolle, Oprah, and all the fun, happy, and social people in my life, or what's left of it!

What I discover recently is that I need to set a higher standard for friends in my life. I did blog that I don't have much if any expectation of people around me, but I do have expectations of myself. Expectations are different than standards. For example, although we exist in a very class-neutral society, the sad truth is that we simply get along better with people of our own socio-economic class (e.g. earning, educational and professional levels). There's an implicit understanding between people in same or similar professions. We have that mutual understanding of how our lives are and what we have to struggle with, and in some ways, we are also oblivious to difficulties others face, which brings me to talk about my rants against idiots (namely, community guys) that pervade my blog entries in the past.

There are few times in my life that I compromised my standards, i.e. I turned a blind-eye to what is acceptable and unacceptable, all because I had suspended my logical reasoning in hopes that I was going to learn something. But the reality was that I allowed certain types of people into my life that did NOT enrich my life. My lesson is that I will not allow people who don't have their shit together be near me.

The problem with some people is that they are so needy, they want girls, they want to be rich, they want this and they want that. People with desires must translate them into actions instead of studying, wishing, pining away, or being envious of others. If there are people in your life that are perseverating over their problems, failing to follow through with their actions, or unwilling to correct their errors, then cut those people out of your life. You will be so much happier without them. Then perhaps, you will be spared from blogging about your frustrations like I have with my blog.

I've been contemplating about how I reached my current position, where I have choice, in setting my standards. The only workable solution for everyone is to go make friends, and discover on your own and where your limits are. In retrospect, I now realize how much I have compromised my values and my standards in accepting certain people into my life. So I too have been hustled by some individuals, not just in the movement itself. Knowledge, by itself, is neutral. So surround oneself with people are actually living and being whoever they are than someone who talks or claims to have master that knowledge.

No comments: