Saturday, August 25, 2007

The community is a mean, not an end

There's an uproar of people in the community whining about the increasing publicity associated with The Game (book), TV shows, and soon to be released, the movie. Sure, the driving force behind it is all about fame and/or fortune, not because anyone wants to help another human being. What's the big deal? People have been seducing each other ever since there was sex... What is so novel about this? Oh sure, social mores, religious edicts, and political forces are used to subdue the mass and to ration sex so that only the power elite has access. The hard way is to become part of the power elite. Of course, the hustlers (and seducers) would find ways to short circuit that process. For every rule, there are more rule breakers out there. So what if the community is exposed?! I have found my path... to salvation, to the land of endless supply of vagines, no, no one has to commit suicide or anyone has to die.

The dirty secret is... MAKE FRIENDS! Yes! Those who cry foul the most in the community about being exposed are guys who don't have friends now nor can they make new friends. Sure, there are a few products here and there that talk about "social circle" game. First, I found happiness from within; I become at peace with myself, who and what I am, my abilities, my strengths, my weaknesses, and my flaws. I either accept them or I change for the better. When I go out, I'm always the fun person; some people can imitate it by banter and some other b.s., but having a sense of fun arises from within and I have no idea how that can be imparted on another until the receiver is at peace with him/herself. If I can attribute anything to innergame, having a sense or feel of what is fun, being that fun person is having a strong innergame. Second, be social. This is probably what people say is the outergame. This is definitely a skill set that can be learned... because I certainly wasn't as gregarious as I am now. Using methods, techniques, routines, banter lines,... can help a person to develop his/her social skills. Ultimately, this requires a strong foundation, having that sense of fun becomes the people magnet, and eventually, social intelligence is developed.

Finally, the combination of having fun being social will lead to making new friends. When I first entered into the community, I thought there was some camaraderie, a common purpose, and we are all supposed to help each other to become better. Then I discovered that most people in the community not because they want to help others, but because they are stuck here... another example of the Peter Principle. So the community has two groups of people, the naive newbies who are entering, and the old guards who will never get out other than to prey on and to keep on misguiding newbies. Those who developed any social skill, they leave and never look back. This period of their lives is not something to be proud of or talked about!

Oh back to the subject at hand, the solution is to develop confidence (strong innergame) and competence (strong outergame) in order to make new friends, with normal people, not the social misfits and rejects. The amazing thing is that most normal people also have normal social skills, which naturally lend themselves to having more social friends. And normal and social people also have activities. If you are cool enough, normal and social enough, people will invite you to these events and introduce you to even more people, and naturally, your social circle will expand and then, when you look back, you will wonder why you ever wasted that precious part of your life with those rejects in the community.

How did I come to this insight? I was invited to a party, supposedly a heavily promoted party here in Seattle last night... filled to the brim with hotties, by two groups of girls, who I befriended through my expanding social circle. Funny thing was, as the party picked up, there were hordes of community guys sharking the venue. Perhaps this is a Seattle phenomenon, they didn't open, and if they did, their sets didn't hook. Basically, they might have schemed, planned, strategized, practiced, and rehearsed on ways to get girls; they ended up where they started with, no normal friends but community guys. Since I'm not part of their elite, fight club, or whatever the fuck these community guys had going on (which was probably nothing), I still ended up at the same venue for the same event, except I was there with normal people and I didn't even have to hunt for girls! Better yet, the girls invited me there were professionals, not the skanky teases.

So the lesson from all this is... be normal, go out, make friends; if you are cool enough, people will invite you to events, and you will end up with more friends... instead of out hunting and going home... alone to "masturbate with tears as lube." (Thanks Sinn!) If you just joined the community, use it for what it is... make as many new non-community (i.e. normal & social) friends as possible, then get the hell out! Don't be a lifer... have a life and go live it!

I'm invited to another happening party tonight, I'm not telling where. Perhaps I will get to laugh at more community guys sharking there!

Peace & love!

3 comments:

Mack said...

Should read:

"The community is a means, not an end"

Feel free to delete this comment after you correct it. Unless you were making a pun on the word "mean" as in angry, in which case...*brilliant*.

Helo

Ian Paredes said...

here's the response you've been waiting for: http://blog.redbluemagenta.com/2007/08/25/an-open-response-to-the-community-is-a-mean-not-an-end/

probably not too insightful since i agree on many of your points, but... yep

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I just feel sorry for people who are in the community for years.