Friday, April 13, 2007

Dumb idiots

Whether we like to accept or not, everyone is a racist, discriminatory, and as much as we would like to deny, we all prejudge each other to some extent. What Don Imus did was wrong, but he was fired for the wrong reason. I doubt that the CBS executives actually let him go because of what he said, but to use what he did to cover up the real reason, Imus is old and not bringing in the revenue like he used to do.

After the political correctness movement of the 90's, most of these idiots did not get smarter, but they simply don't verbalize the same idiotic thoughts going through their heads. Al Sharpton and his ilks managed to silent those idiots, keeping them dumb doesn't mean they are not acting out their same racist, prejudiced, and discriminatory thoughts. Shutting them up and making them clean up their language have not and will never stop them from acting out their thoughts and beliefs.

There are countless number of reasons why people do not like each other. As long as we can separate and categorize people into groups, people will inevitably find an excuse to be fearful, leading to envy and/or hate,... of different groups.

The solution isn't to shut them up; if we want to slowly correct this problem, I would encourage idiots to verbalize their thoughts, then I can expose them for who they truly are. What's interesting is that many of these idiots, in actuality, recognize their own inadequacies and stupidity, which they would normally blame on others. So they tend to keep their mouths shut now, not out of fear of offending others, but be afraid that they will be exposed for their insecurities. I make it a point to bait them, tell racist jokes, antagonize them, keep tempting them, eventually they will show their true color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, everybody is perfect in their own image. When they look in the mirror, they see not defect. This is advantageous at least from the point of exposing others and showing who they are. I would rather try to accept myself as who I am with my own defects and shortcomings and try to like myself as I am. After that maybe exposing others will not be as important and probably accepting them would be easier.

DDD said...

I think how you conduct yourself in relation to others is perpetuating their "perfect self-image." There are flaws that are detrimental to the functioning of a society.

As for accepting yourself, I would rather see my flaws and attempt to improve rather than accept, which I would contend is really trying to be ignorant.