Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gay enough to be part of "the family?"

There are a few memorable moments in life that I think are worthwhile to remember. As difficult as it is to believe, I work out, as in weight training, in the gym, for years. Never once, I never had one gay guy tried to pick me up. My workout buddies had been approached about going to concerts, movies, dinners, and even coffee! But me? Not only am I low value and ugly, not even gay guys would hit on me!

Until this past weekend, I thought I have to keep writing fake FR/LR's, pretending to be a guru, giving out advice to guys who aren't getting any just to console my ugly ass, because this is the most exciting thing, as in not getting laid, going on in my miserable boring life. Wow, it's so close... to reality. At this low point of my life, girls were rejecting me, sets were blowing me off, two gay dudes tried to pick me up. And boy, did they try to plow. Verbally! That's as far as they went, they didn't even initiate kino, or if they did, they were so subtle that I didn't feel threaten.

I think the guy who opened me did use a line; he was walking around with 2 drinks. Had he been an HB, I would have a standard opener, but as I was looking away, he asked if I saw his friend, which he went on into very detailed description. As soon as I started to talk to him, his friend magically appeared on my other side! I was the meat in the gay-man sandwich.

The funny thing was that I was talking to a Charisma Arts instructor and his 2 students, instead of the community, I deliberately said something along the line of welcoming them to the family, which I immediately followed up with the kind of family that wears pinky rings, not "the family." Apparently, the sharp witted CA instructor picked up on it and insinuated about gays. I don't know him that well and decided not to follow up. Either those gays overheard my statements, or I looked like a vulnerable straight sheep waiting to be sodomized.

Even though they picked the wounded vulnerable target, I still had enough straight mental fortitude to resist them. They were behaving so normal, so comfortable in their own skin, even though the thought of hairy anoos makes my skin crawls! Then I read a fellow blogger's post about being in the community and not opening sets. The problem isn't just skills, but the overabundance of redundant materials that are driving people from having normal interactions.

Instead of sarging, how about guys going out to have fun? That's what "naturals" do, they don't go out with the mentality of picking up girls. They will have fun with or without girls, thus girls are naturally drawn to guys who are having fun. Happiness comes from within, not from without. Just as guys who can't get their acts together, meaning healthy and wealthy, having fun being social, what girl would want to be part of anything less?! Afterall, girls, by nature, submit and follow. Even the most dominant girl still wants a man who can take her, and she would be happily surrender to the more dominant guy.

Getting back to the issue of people in the community, guys get all hung up of scheming, analyzing, planning, strategizing, as though they are going to war. I'm quite sure it works for some people. In what experience I have, I get all fucked up when I talk about game prior to hitting the bar. I certainly can't talk game with a girl. So my only advice for both myself and those who can't open, just be normal, be AFC, be nice, be social and just have boring conversation with strangers. If Forrest Gump can do it sitting on the park bench at a bus stop, I'm quite sure guys who have done all this book learning can do better!

Sadly, I suspect Forrest Gump got more action than most participants in the community, which makes me think that they are more likely to be part of the family.

1 comment:

micawber said...

The problem with community "game", as it were, is that it puts you into a reactive mindset. No matter how tight your reactive mindset is, it will always be dominated by a non-reactive one even if it isn't "Alpha" or if it is "AFC". There is something intriguing and charismatic that draws people in when you are simultaneously firmly in your reality, but opening up and making engaging conversation.
Also, you're right, make a point to talk to everyone. From the janitor to the hottest girl in the bar.

P.S. Watch out for those gays ;)