Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Getting anal probed... being gay again?!

There's no right or wrong way of being/becoming a man. I certainly don't have the fool-proof, 100% for-sure way of getting there. One thing I know for sure, being a man means being able to admit faults. We all have strengths and weaknesses, knowing what and when to say when are important.

Drunks and gamblers, the ones who do stupid shit or lose their money, are not men. They have faults and they don't acknowledge them in order to take positive steps toward fixing those faults. Since joining the community, I have came to terms with many of my own weaknesses, and I'm glad I discovered them now so that I'm still young enough to benefit from fixing them. Yeah, there are guys who will say, "Be alpha, be unreactive." True, I certainly have many strengths and they are the reason why I am successful in many aspects of my life today. There are still improvements that I can make now to get me to the next level. Guys who are truly weak, with nothing going on in their lives, are ones who try to be alpha and indulge in self-delusional fantasies.

Speaking of self-delusional fantasies, have you ever noticed guys who claim that aliens visited them are ones with missing teeth, live in a trailor, out in the boonies somewhere? I.e., loser guys who got nothing going in their lives are thinking that space aliens are out to get them?! The funny part is that they often report getting anal probe, which confirms their latent homophobic tendency. I would contend that those who fear gays are generally ones who might be gay. I was quite flattered those gays found me attractive enough to hit on me! Since I have no fear of gays, I found the whole experience rather humorous.

There is a gradation of delusional paranoids. At the one extreme are ones who conjured up these delusions in their heads out of fear. Along that continuum are those who think others are after them because of their own inadequacies. They would pick bits and pieces, obsess with them, try to rationalize their own weaknesses, and find ways to blame others. So why the long diversion? Part of being a man is to be able acknowledge one's weaknesses, willing to work on them despite pain or "losing face," and finding ways to improve oneself instead of blaming others. There certain things I'm far superior at than anyone else, there are also areas in my life where they are weak, incomplete, not fully actualized, when I compare them with others.

4 comments:

Stealth's Adventures said...

Excellent post. Ties up nicely with your other post.

Damm..I wished I was there to witness you being hit on by another guy.

DDD said...

Thanks for your inspirational discussion.

No, not the part about being gay & getting anal probe, but the part about being able to admit faults as a man.

Correction, I was getting hit on by 2 guys at once, a real life double whammy, I was the meat in their man sandwich!

micawber said...

Yeah, I agree a real man is someone who corrects their faults. Don't fall into the self-help trap of constantly thinking you have to improve every aspect of your life. Make sure to recognize the progress you've made. Plus, the journey is always the fun part, once you arrive at your destination you always reflect upon how fun the journey was.

P.S. Were you wearing your spandex leopard-print pants? That might have attracted them

idrawgirls said...

Great post! I have to agree with you and Micawber. The Journey is the definite fun part doesn't matter where you land as long as you are collecting experience and recognize your good and your bad.