Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Funny how we are synchronized

I've been spending most of my time learning to format my, uh, "book." Office products have so many limitations. Even a simple task like setting page numbers in different parts of the same document requires so much work! And then Excel, I have programmed in VB before, and I try my best to avoid it. There are so many inconsistencies in how Microsoft decided which is a normal and a meta-character. Although my worksheet looks whacked, I like how I have combined my daily journal and financial activities together. You don't think I actually talk about my entire life here, do you?!

After I finished all that, yeah, I spent nearly 6 hours on those two things today. I read Twitchy's blog about managing one's finance. It's definitely one area that MANY people neglect, especially girls. I have seen girls who have great jobs for just graduated, as in making $80-90k, they are carrying balance of $20-30k on their credit cards, not to mention student loans, car loans,... For many of these girls, they get a new dress whenever they go to a new party, which happens 2-3 times per week. How will they get their lives together and be self-sufficient without carrying all those debts and start earning some passive and investment-based incomes. Yes, I do have the millionaire mindset; just not at leeching off the community like many "dating coaches."

With each successive wave of newbies into learning pickup, I see so many guys who don't have jobs, hold jobs, or properly manage their finances. Some even live with their parents, don't own cars, and/or can't drive. And they want to take girls home?! I figured early on back when I started college, girls are an expensive hobby. Dating can be quite costly, even if we stick to the $40/date (after splitting the bill), and multiply by that by 3-4 dates per week. This, of course, doesn't include when I go out with friends on weekend. On top of all this, there's the physical wear and tear too. We have to eat right and exercise; all those happy hour food and post-midnight meals/snacks are not good for our bodies either. This is especially true for guys getting girls off Craig's List who end up being sick all the time from "kissing girls;" like that's a DHV! The second I sense that I'm not feeling well, I immediately do what is required to get better... getting ill or any type of STD is not a DHV, it's a clear sign of stupidity, uh, in PUA lingo, DLV.

Funny how social retards turn everything that's socially unacceptable and wrong into something to brag about. Keep telling me those funny stories, I enjoy laughing as much as the next guy at dumb asses, now that I don't hang out with them anymore.

2 comments:

Vibe said...

A friend of my told me about that STD thing. I couldn't stop laughing. It was sad and funny at the same time. Poor little guy. He'll never learn.

Anonymous said...

I always pay for the first date. After that I try to do free or low cost things. Cook at home, watch a movie, go for a walk/bike ride/rollerblade. The possibilities are endless for cheap dates.