Monday, May 14, 2007

FR: mundane small talks

Lately, I've been going out alone or with relatively normal and socially well-adjusted people who can carry a normal boring conversation without running game. Starting Friday night, I went to a mixed club/bar by myself quite early in the evening. There was, of course, a line of guys sitting at the bar. I went up and started small talk with them. I don't even remember what we talked about... but they were obviously out hunting. Two guys going out together are to get laid, same with two girls.

Soon afterward, my friend came and we continued our small talks with other sets. Throughout the night, they were providing us with social proof by walking by and talking to us. Girls somehow ended up standing nearby us just waiting to be opened, which we did. We bounced to another venue and met up with two natural friends who were just out drinking. They were able to hook a group of girls, but they couldn't close the deal, as these guys are living with their gf's. One thing I discovered recently is that how easy it has been for me to blow girls/guys out of mixed sets by making guys within the set appear as the social violators (thank you, lovedrop!).

For the first time, however, I encountered resistance. There was this guy, not only did he take the bait, he further disqualified himself. One thing he didn't do, like most guys usually tuck their tails and leave, he stayed in, maintained composure, and surprisingly, girls also stayed. I didn't gather enough information as whether they were friends or not, which I need to do next time!

Fast forward to Saturday night, I was again out by myself at first. I met up with people I knew long ago and they were out with their girlfriends, so I was out sarging alone. This nite, my goal was to up the challenge by opening girls who were obviously waiting for their bf's. One girl I opened didn't hook, I stayed in and plowed for a bit. Another discovery I stumbled on is that as long as I am comfortable with myself, at ease with myself, and hang in there (like that guy I failed to AMOG), I was the normal guy and when the bf returned, I did the Juggler's alpha-nice. I did small talks with a few more sets like that.

Not once did any guy threatened me or anything bad happened. As long as I was interested in who they were, i.e. not asking opinions on silly relationship/mystery questions, they even shook my hand when I left! This reinforces what I used to do before joining the community, is that I get people to talk about themselves, rather than some other topics that may be chick cracks, but have no relevance to them. We are all egomaniacs. I now think that "qualifications" or A3 is about getting people to open up, or in Juggler's term, getting them to invest into the conversation.

Back to being an ass. To AMOG guys out of set, go in with relatively higher energy, bait guys to be social violators. To stay in set with couples, go in with chill, social vibe, and do NOT run game. The task, for next week, is to escalate and run some attraction games to see how far I can get away with couples. More to come...

3 comments:

Stealth's Adventures said...

Great post! It's very interesting to see that girls will hover around while several guys are just out having a great time chillin.

So where's that AMOG technique? Stop being a tease!

Vibe said...

You dirty slut ;) Mixed sets are easy for you because you're non threatening. I always get shit from the fucking douche bags. Then again, I'm sure other guys who are more intimidating than me can do mixed sets, so I'm sure I'm doing some thing wrong.

DDD said...

Looking back, I think there's more it than just look. There were 2 instances when the bf came back and stood between myself and his gf, with his back toward me.

As long as I didn't let that bother me. I went back, and use socially acceptable conversation topics. They included me back into their conversation. Be unreactive but socially savvy and engaging, they will appear as social violators if they reject you outright.