Friday, May 25, 2007

Popping the cork

Something that clicked for me recently, in writing FR for my personal evaluation, is that part of being a man is to lead. In Juggler Method lingo, he talks about escalation. In Mystery Method lingo, is about pushing the interaction through different phases; the problem with people running M3 is that they fail to push A1-A3 within 3-5 minutes. Yes, it really doesn't take that long!

If I approach and open a set confidently, even if I'm running canned routine opener, and sometimes, I can see on their facial expression that they know I'm running a line. They will still be there and listen. More often than not, the more ballsy and outrageous it is, the more likely I will hook those sets. In retrospect, the problem hasn't been that I don't get attraction, usually, they fizzle or crash because I failed to lead.

Girls always talk about finding a confident guy being attractive. One trait of a confident man is to know what he wants, how he will get it, and he is determined to reach his goal. The problem with crashed sets have been my lack of initiative, to lead, to escalate, to push the interaction, to explore boundaries (that I placed on myself). People who stand around and do nothing are literally tied themselves up with self-talks and overanalyzing themselves and those around them. Instead, they should pull the Superman/Spiderman move, start moving their feet toward their target, rip away the socially imposed bounds (in the case of those superheroes, shedding their restrictive clothes and showing their true colors).

The next part is not just action, but with a direction for the collective set of actions that will lead to a destination. Sure, we all have the final destination of 6-foot under and will all eventually going tits up. Until then, there are many waypoints, the goal is to have as many interesting, fun, and memory building locations before we reach the final destination.

Sets that I failed to escalate, to push their boundaries, to test for compliance, usually fizzled out. From now on, I will harness that initial momentum and use it to push the level of interaction, compliance tests, etc, to a greater height. Once I figure out the sequential step, then it will be a new in-her game tactic.

No comments: