Sunday, July 15, 2007

A generation gap

What's the deal with texting? Younger girls are so into texting and IM'ing, whereas girls a few years older, i.e. my age, don't care much for texting and we prefer to talk on the phone. Even worst is that some of the younger ones want my myspace/facebook profile. Whatever happened to just talking and getting to know people?! I spend so much of my time in front of the computer, but I don't ever see a good reason to have a myspace and/or facebook profile; okay, I did, just to look at pictures, but now that myspace AND facebook have implemented privacy settings for pictures, I just don't care enough to login to check. What's the point?!

Another is the ipod/iphone craze, as a friend told me, people are having iGasm over silly gadgets that serve no purpose other than more entertainment. How about reading a book? I was telling my friends in otolaryngology must love these devices (music, bluetooth headset,...), think of future patients with hearing loss. It's like my friends in medicine have job security due to McDonald's; myself included. So keep texting, listening to your ipods, eating crappy food. I will have iGasm as I laugh my way to the bank.

No comments: