Saturday, July 21, 2007

The in-her game(tm): Titrating phone calls

Saturday morning, if last night went well, we probably have plenty of numbers. How shall we play the phone game? This is to be avoided at all cost. Phone calls should be short, concise, and only for confirming, maybe for directions to a place; they should not be used for much in the beginning of the "relationship." Like everything else, if I failed at phone game stage, then the cause is something that happened prior to it.

Let's start with why we get numbers. This is not as a close or some sort of achievement, we should have so much to talk about, and things we want to do together, which justify our continuing interaction. True, I adhere to the dingleberry technique, but once I have reached a high point in the conversation, it's best that I setup our next meet, rather than milking the interaction and killing off our conversational threads; unless I can tell that they are ready and willing to be pulled that night. Conversational threads that talk about what we enjoy doing, what excites us, what makes us feel good, those usually lead to talking about specifics and events. So before I go out, I look at my calendar for next week, have an idea of what I will do... or at least have a regular activity I do anyway. Then I casually bring that up. Sometimes they bite, sometimes not, I continue the interaction. Eventually at high point, when they have revealed themselves, I have stated my intention and how I am attracted to them, after many qualifications, then I would invite them to join me.

Girls will give false objections sometimes, I just tell them, "I enjoy our conversation and we have much to talk about, let's meet up (...) Give me your number and I will text you the direction." Note that I don't use "Can I have your number?" or any other wishy washy questions, always give them commands. Then another technique I use, depending on how high energy they are, I would try to get the first call out of the way, I call them right there. If she's high energy, then I tell her to answer her phone, I pretend she's my friend, and I would proceed to tell her about this great girl I meet, but this girl is a bit suspicious, I continue this role play if she's high energy. Now if she's low energy, then I call her phone, have her talk into my phone to leave a message for herself, to tell how much she likes me, and we would practice how much she enjoys talking to me etc. Of course, I also have her save my number using some sort of nickname. There is another thing I do to make me seem high value. It works almost all the time.

Next is the actual phone call after the initial meet up, this should be short, just check in, I found Socialhitchhiker's post quite useful. One caveat is that if she doesn't remember me very well, then I might have to spend more time on the phone with her, going through some comfort building routines to let her know that I am a normal person. We will set up a time to meet and this requires additional calibration, if she seems to be a party girl, like she doesn't answer your phone calls all the time, then I would ask how certain she will be there, and if it's anything but 100% commitment, I would say that's okay and tell her another time. If she seems like a nice girl and won't flake, then I don't do that as that would imply that girls have flaked on me. This requires calibration, only experience will give you an idea how you titrate this to the right amount.

1 comment:

Ron "Mighty Gee Guy" said...

very interesting.
very original.

i flagged your blog. i look forward to reading more.

mighty

www.mightyamerica.blogspot.com