Sunday, July 1, 2007

Complacency vs. continuous improvement

A few of us who hang out together don't seem to have the same drive and motivation as we did at the beginning of the summer. Many of us have improved quite a bit and we have been doing quite well in field; I worry though, that I'm not pushing myself as much as I did entering into the summer. Then I look around me, I see many warning signs, of people who are not good and will never be good. I don't want to repeat their mistakes.

Those who improve because they have both drive and focus. I suspect most PU coaches who are good because they have both high energy and sex drive. Those who don't have such high sex drive wouldn't work as hard because they don't have the need, and without the high level of energy, they simply can't afford to work that hard. I wonder how much of that is learned behavior because of necessity.

In any case, this beast has quite an appetite, and he needs to be fed!

1 comment:

micawber said...

I wouldn't worry too much about your drive and ambition. Just remember ebb and flow baby!