Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's not just any blog, it's...

What happened to HBO? I didn't particularly care for Sex and the City; at least it had witty dialogs. There were the Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Real Time with Bill Maher when he was still funny. Recently, Rome was promising until it tanked second season. If ER can carry on for longer than my training in school, I don't see how Rome couldn't. Big Love was interesting first season, I doubt that it can carry on much longer. And the latest debacle, Tell me you love me, is just bad drama. It has a beautiful cast acting out mundane life with realistic sex scenes; how many of us want to see our new High Def flat-screen as a mirror to reflect our boring lives back?! We want to watch senseless acts of violence, over-the-hill cosmo-drinking waddle-shaking "girls" getting it on, or perhaps, a crazy Jew who behaves inappropriately all the time.

With TMYLM, it reminds people of what they don't want, boring lives, unfulfilling marriages, daily drudgery, and to add on top of that, counseling sessions to discuss the aforementioned topics. We want our flat-screen to be the secret mirror of fantasies we can escape to after a long day at work or another silly fight with our sperm receptacles. Californication on Showtime shows potential, at least the dialog is funny.

For my digital "BTivo," I'm keeping CYE, RT (hopefully, Bill Maher will be funnier), and Californication. Of course, the Daily Show and the Colbert Report just to keep up with news.

No comments: