Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Productivity

Laziness is a great virtue and I try my best to work as little as possible. Take the mouse for example, I think it's one of many productivity killers, and touchpad isn't far behind. Why? Because for a touch typist like myself, I have to lift my hand, grasp around for the mouse, move the pointer to the desired location, and then move back to my keyboard. The more efficient way is to keep my dominant/mouse hand on the keyboard and trackpoint is the most efficient way of moving the pointer around. My recent compromise on desktop computers is to use my trackball, then I know exactly where my pointer moving widget is without looking for it; the additional benefit is that a trackball doesn't take up the same amount of space as a mouse with its mousepad.

Along the same line, I use gmail and greasemonkey together, and I found gmail macros; it lets me navigate and perform various tasks inside gmail without using my mouse. I was just complaining to a friend of mine today after gmail upgraded to the new version.

It's just sooooo hard, you know, I want to quit my "miserable" job and do my 4-hour work week, be a dating coach every other weekend. Can someone make me dinner? Don't forget to pick up my dry cleaning too! While you are at it, bring a few girls home... so, you know, I don't have to go out and talk to girls. Living is so difficult! HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why hasn't anyone invented a portable breathing machine yet? that'd be a goldmine right there.

DDD said...

what sort of "breathing" are you talking about? they exist...