Sunday, November 18, 2007

Respect

Many have said but rarely ever adhere to, "Bros before hos." I am honor to be among a super secret elite group of sour grapes, who are definitely intermediate level PUAs, even though they seem disturbed, very disturbed. But we are still working on getting the solid 8's. And if you are not a local, you'd wonder WTF I've written.

Where we go in life is important, who we bring along is even more important. Awhile back, I've blogged quite a bit about having fun and being social. The result of that is to build up a circle if not more of friends who are the same way. Sure, life is so much more enjoyable when there is a group of people who are there along life's journey. Who our friends are reflections of different aspects within us... So if you wonder who you are, look around at who are there beside you.

There are some transient friends of convenience. I would group colleagues from work into this category. We might get along at work, but we don't socialize outside of work. There are also who we work together, watch out for each other, and finally, go out and socialize together. These are friends who we continue our friendships even after we parted ways at work. For this to happen, we must cultivate our friendships on a deeper set of values... not just sarging buddies of convenience, i.e. because we don't have girls to hang out to be our "pivots."

I'm not proud to admit, at one point in my life, I was quite active in the community. I attended countless meetings, met up with master PUAs on their road shows, and even went out with some of them. Even more embarrassing was that I actually "sarged" with some social retards, we have done our shares of creeping girls out; but I have grown out of that. It was like my awkward phase of social adolescence. When my social face had countless zits, I was wondering what was happening inside me, and why I had trouble fitting in. Then I came to the realization.

I had more than the one main goal of getting girls. Sure, sex is fun, and sex is definitely more fun that "sarging." I realized that I was socially awkward because I was uncomfortable with who I am. Until I started accepting, then liking who I am and will be, I could not deal with the external social world. The second part was to align myself with relatively social people, who also have that part of their lives sorted out. They are comfortable with themselves and they are not afraid of being who they are. The next step of being with each other had a synergistic effect on our level of relating, socializing, and finally, drawing in other people.

Part of being a human being is to align ourselves with great friends, note that I didn't write being a leader of men. We are not there to "social proof" each other, but rather, social proof arises naturally out of we enjoying each other's company and having fun together. When I see pack of wannabe-PUA's (even ones at the intermediate level) constantly sharking any venue, part of me dies because I truly feel sorry for them. They don't bring something of value, friendship, to the group. So after you have done the requisite among of "sets" alone by yourself, and you can befriend almost any group of strangers and finally, cultivate a great cohesive group of friends. You are ready to go out and take over the venue... This is the first step toward World Domination.

If you still wonder what the first paragraph means, I might explain privately... Just as they were forwarded to me privately.

2 comments:

Possibility said...

And if your bros are your hos?

Ian Paredes said...

possibility: you mean to say that you fuck your bros? :)