Friday, November 9, 2007

Why stay away from community creeps?

For many lonely lovable losers, myself included, community seemed to be a way out. I thought I found the road to salvation, pulling and !closing HB9+ on a weekly basis. Unlike many in the community, without a career or hating their jobs, I like mine and wouldn't give it up for, hold on, just wait, get this, becoming a dating coach! The reality is quite different.

Let me recount some embarrassing stories while I was in "the community." Sorry, there were absolutely no spectacular pulls, no lays, no girls, nothing until I left "the community." Oh, stories... I was out the first time with a self-proclaimed top 10 PUA in the local community. He was walking around the club ALL NIGHT LONG with a sign "The S***** Lair" on his back. I thought it was a deliberate sign for other newbies to go meet up with him. As it turned out, he told girls that he's a Pickup Artist from THE LAIR, of course, one girl made a sign, taped on his back, tooled him, and allowed him to walk around like that. He couldn't even handle some light teasing from this girl later on that night. Did I mention he also told us that he was dating a stripper at the time? And guess where we found girls that he "dated," those girls are regular posters on Craig's List casual encounters.

Another community guy, I was doing the Mystery Newbie Mission with him. Now, this guy (at that time) already took 3 workshops / bootcamps (that he admitted to); he was into his 2nd or 3rd year within the community... and he was doing the Newbie Mission for the Nth time. I was stupid enough to think that it could change me. In the process, I met some normal people, they pulled me aside and asked me why I was hanging out with a weirdo, and countless times, girls would ask me if I'm gay (by association). Recently, I accidentally socialized with his former co-workers. They recounted stories of how anti-social he was at work while he (on the other hand) bitched about his shitty work conditions, and after they found out that I knew him, guess what they asked me, that's right, "Is [he] gay?" And yes, he's still trolling our local forum for newbies... to be, yes, his "wings."

Another self-proclaimed guru of the local community, he even formed his own exclusive fight club, created a pickup company, corralled together a few guys and even taught a few bootcamps. His students, to this day, are still haunting the same clubs/bars without any demonstrable results. His former partners abandoned him, he has since tucked tail and moved away (or so people told me). When I mocked him in our forum, his friend called him out, and so did many others who talked about him behind his back, he sent his minions to AMOG me! Where is he now? Where are his girls now? Where has he gone now?

If you think this is a phenomenon among the local community guys, a well-known pickup company came to town to teach a bootcamp and of course, the local lair president who is an aspiring dating coach (another addict to workshops & bootcamps) got to represent and assisted in coaching. Guess what happened, more than half of those students asked for refund. It would be easy to dismiss that, oh, this is a local city thing, as it turns out, I've talked with other guys, they have taken workshops at other cities, they too have asked for refunds. By the way, there's this silly post I made on here, apparently, it got to him so much, that whenever he comes to read this blog, he would read that entry. Again, so much for having experience, being alpha, authentic, leader of men, and whatever else.

There are more embarrassingly funny stories. When did I finally improve? When I stopped hanging out with these community social retards, all I did was that I went out by myself for 2-3 weeks. I made new friends, they invite me to events, we plan events together, and because I swallowed the red pill and unplugged from the community. I think there's more to learn from the community, but I would limit myself to the well known "gurus" and their "teachings"; but definitely NOT from "community guys." I will blog about what works and what doesn't based solely on my own experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen to that.

is it too personal to ask what city you are in now?