Monday, February 18, 2008

How to have drama-free and great relationships

For those with some success in the field and somehow ended up with a regular girl, here are some tips to keep dramas out of relationships. The overarching goal of a good relationship is to build memories together, preferably fun, happy, sexy memories. With that said, finding the balance of doing something new all the time while still doing the basic bread'n'butter activities will be challenging.

First, have great friends, normal and social friends who are fun to hang out. My experience is that I have more success with introducing girls to my group of friends first, we go hang out together. I do this usually after I've been out with the girl a few times and we are almost tired of just having sex. When hanging out with friends, keep the talk about other girls out of the conversation. Guys have a tendency to brag, that's how "FR/LR" in community forums came about. Keep conversations light, talk about travel, hobbies, vacations, and be sure to make plans for future adventures together.

This isn't breakthrough comfort or get girls to fall so deeply in love with you... and sadly, there will be no 3-hour seminar with in-field training. So take notes! Go do physically exhaustive activities together, be that biking, rollerblading, skiing, hiking,... These will get the feel-good hormones going. The next set of activities will be something you all will talk about afterward: bungee jumping, skydiving, para-gliding, water-skiing, surfing,... not only are these activities physically demanding but they also pump up emotional/limbic part of the brain. Of course, there are the usual couple-y activities, like dinner, talk, tv,... One thing to try is to re-tell the same story as it's your first time. When she reminds you that you've told her that story, try responding with, "Oh, really? My god, I can't believe I've told you that... I guess I'm not so good with keeping secrets from you!" This subcommunicates that you share with her and there's no secret between you two.

Another thing that girls like is to know that we think about them during our normal daily activities. So while I tell a story, I would tell her about something that transpired earlier and how it reminded me of such-and-such about her. Then they know that they have triggered that pair-bonding mechanism in us. Start with those two things, and there are a few more here. This is just the beginning to having great relationships.

No comments: