Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Living a life of passions

This topic is so broad, I don't even know where to begin. Let's start with the premise of two strangers meeting, and they are of the opposite sexes, what does she look for in a man? His looks help but they don't hinder, so how does he go about presenting himself?

I've blogged about being fun and social, which requires that we have quieted our internal dialogs so that we can focus what's surrounding us. Achieving inner peace is done through finding one's purpose in life, listing and prioritizing one's goals, and systematically going through that list. But I'm willing to bet that most people won't even start that exercise because deep down, they are haunted by their fears. The way to conquer fears (whatever they may be) is not to spend time examining them, but to focus on what makes us get up in the morning, what drives us, what motivates us, to do what we do.

I see many guys going through the motion of life but don't truly live for something, stand up to fight for and defend it. They don't live a life of principles. The whole 'laissez-faire' attitude is great for getting along with people, but girls don't want to align with some chodes who go along to get along. Girls want to be with guys who are men.

The fundamental problem with guys who don't have girls, don't get laid, and not happy, is that they are not man enough. When I first started this blog, my goal wasn't to devote much of my time to blogging about dating, but to use this as a channel for me to express myself. Most guys I've met in the community are too timid, they are too afraid of what others think, they are going through the motions of eliciting IOIs (from girls and guys), they try to appease others instead of speaking their minds, listing what is and isn't acceptable to them,...

Sometimes, we do make mistakes, and that's ok. What got me going on this is a blog entry by a friend of mine. I wish there are more guys like him, more people who are independent thinkers, who are not afraid of expressing themselves. We can keep heaping money on materials to learn this and that... ultimately, we have to look within, find that special something to make this short life of ours worth living. Some people live for others, many live to please others, we all should live for ourselves and do what we think is right.

P.S. Check out Captain Jack's blog to read about someone using his passions and career to get girls.

1 comment:

Ian Paredes said...

i totally agree, though i don't think i can agree with everything.

first of all, at least in my case, i usually just do whatever in life when it comes up. however, i do have my set of values and opinions about a lot of things that i'm usually unafraid to voice. does this make me any less of a man? i don't really know myself, but i don't particularly care either. i find that this sort of pursuit of career / goals is simply a socially constructed concept and not necessarily an "innate quality" that makes one a man.

eh, i don't know, i could just use a bit more clarification on what your concepts.