Thursday, January 31, 2008

The in-her game(tm): Getting my life in order

Steve Pavlina blogged about this, Tony Robbins talked about it, and countless others have described this. Sit down, on a blank piece of paper, write, do NOT type, keep writing down what I want out of this short time that I have in this life. I keep writing until I have a clear, concise, and concrete statement that describes who I am and what I want to do with my life. Then accordingly, I type out my step wise goals to accomplish what I want to do with my life in the following order: 10 yrs, 5 yrs, 2.5 yrs, 1 yr, 6 mos, and finally 3 mos. Then I write down what I am going to do, tasks, in action forms. So "make more money" is too broad, but "call so-and-so" to find out if there are openings is more actionable. Another is, "be better with women," which is vague, but the steps to get there, "email so-and-so female friend" for lunch, catch up, again is more actionable.

With my long list of actionable items, I categorize them into different contexts. For example, all the call actions would be inside "phone" category; email/search actions inside "computer" category; i.e. associate each action with the environment and tool in getting them done. I sometimes prioritize them into 4 groups: 1. important & urgent, 2. important & nonurgent, 3. unimportant & urgent, 4. unimportant & nonurgent. Then I start pruning my list, if they can be done in 2 minutes or less, I immediately start doing them in the right context. Actions that don't fit into accomplishing goals that I set out are discarded.

For more details, go get David Allen's book, Getting Things Done. Next, also check out tips in 43folders.

This is the first step in quieting the mind, closing open loops, discovering who we are, and starting to live out our lives. I will blog about how to develop focus, and be internally driven so that outside forces don't rock us to the core or even perturb our daily life.

Once we are at peace with ourselves, we can be at ease with others, when we can have fun with people around us, and of course, become more social in general. The goal of being social is to connect with people, establish rapport, which starts with knowing ourselves, then we can convey our identity, our values, our goals, our hopes and dreams, our passions, and that, my friend, is a step-by-step plan to having friends, and even girls, in our lives.

You don't have to come to my "seminar" to watch me jack-off. You don't need to buy my podcasts, DVDs, or pay for 1on1 coaching. I have faith you in Getting This Done. Get your life in order, then you will have girls in your life.

No comments: