Friday, June 1, 2007

Leading with indifference

One of the most low value trait is being needy. Neediness comes in many forms: guys who stand around waiting for someone to talk to them, guys who do things expecting something in return, guys who have no sense of their places in this world and make no effort to change the world, but are delusional enough to think everyone else will make space for them. Well, tough, the world isn't like that. Those who succeed give because they can, not because they expect any reward, compensation, or anything in return.

I have some recent insights on the first few minutes of opening. For the past few times that I've been out, I used a very blatantly untrue, but humorous opener. It opens up people because I find it fucking hilarious. It's very gossipy, and people like that (why do you think you are reading this?). I've explained this to a few people I know and they always interested in what responses I've gotten. To be honest, I don't remember because I really don't give a shit what people say or how they respond, as long as they respond! Any reaction is better than no reaction.

Mystery Method interview talked about this being "illusionary input." I open sets because I enjoy talking to people, that to me is fun enough without any further desire. If they are interesting and good conversationalists, I would continue, otherwise, they are just some strangers I happened to bump into. I find having this mentality works well in the beginning, just be totally non-reactive to what they say to me. Some people call this having a strong innergame, I think not. Others coin this as being indifferent, I would agree more with the latter as I shouldn't give a shit about people I don't know.

The next step is where some people think both Juggler and Mystery diverge. Charisma arts trained people talk about getting girls to invest into the interaction, and if they don't, we need to open ourselves up. Well, Mystery trained people call that telling stories with DHV spikes. Sure, reward and relating is great; as much as people like to think they are special and unique, strangers have a definite set of reactions, and pretty soon, we all know how they will respond and of course, our counter-response becomes a routine. So why not use routines that have been well tested in the community to get started instead of starting from square one and reinventing the wheel?!

Something that truly made a difference that I improved on recently is, for a lack of better term, plowing. Yes, we have to plow in the beginning of the interaction, and with some feedbacks, we have to keep plowing all the way to bed, from face time to sexy time! By that, I find that if I just stay in set and keep my motor mouth going, eventually, out of social convention, strangers will be more comfortable and slowly open up. Girls appreciate the motor mouth, if you know what I'm getting at. Guys who succeed are ones who stay in set. In some ways, that's what I noticed naturals do, they keep going as though those girls are in their space and if anything, girls should be the ones who leave. So follow the Dubya plan, go in, stay in, with no exit strategy!

The next part is about leading. Most interactions will go stale very quickly, especially for guys who use canned openers and milking them to death. However, one technique that is taught but difficult to implement, is to do multithreading. In order to be able to multithread, people need to have a strong identity which they must convey (so that girls get to know them), they have to have a life outside of pickup, and they must have some interests. All of these are for conversational topics. Despite what feminists would like us to believe, girls love to be led. The last thing they do not want is to lead and be responsible. Don't just give them choices, guide them to make the decision we want them to make, but ultimately, they are not responsible for that final decision. Afterall, they are out to have fun. This shouldn't be work. We don't need compensation because this is about creating happy and fun memories together (in and out of bed).

2 comments:

micawber said...

I really liked this post! I have a couple of questions though. You stated that you are indifferent as to how the others respond. Do you truly believe this, and if so what did it take for you to arrive at that? For me personally, it depends. Some nights I do not care, others I am very sensitive (I'm still not sure why). Secondly, you pointed out where MM and Charisma Arts diverge, do you happen to agree with one more than the other over this divergence?

DDD said...

I think they all converge, the game is IN-HER game. You are a winner only if you are in her ;)

I have to let go, expectations, fear of rejection, and I focus on the moment, not what happened to me, or what might happen.